Okay, I've made a decision. I preached this morning on the parable of the mustard seed and the verse prior to that where the disciples say to Jesus, "Lord, increase our faith." I used that refrain throughout my sermon and realized as I was writing and then preaching that today was one of those 'preaching to myself' days :)
I knew when I began that this entire adoption journey would be a rollercoaster but it has been far more difficult than even I had imagined. People on my guatemala adoption yahoo group are constantly saying that international adoption is not for the faint of heart, and they are right!
That said, I have FINALLY come to a place where I am handing the entire thing over to God, knowing that this entire adoption and the timing of it in my life was God's idea in the first place. I WILL bring Isabelle home...but only God knows what the timing may be :)
I will continue to work hard, which means this week I will be a part of the campaign to flood congress and other political offices with e-mails, faxes, (too bad the fax machine at the church is still in the box...) and letters (all complete with the 'PLEASE HELP MY MOMMY BRING ME HOME!!' picture I e-mailed out). I'll do whatever my agency needs me to do and I'll continue to be in regular contact with them. But I'm going to try to quit worrying.
As is probably buried somewhere in this blog, Isabelle was the middle name given to her by her birth mom, so I wanted to preserve that, and Grace, her new middle name, is one I chose early in this process, knowing that it is only by the grace of God that she has come into my life and that ISABELLE GRACE will come HOME to me!
Enough preaching for one day...I'm exhausted!
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment