Thursday, December 6, 2007

Last Day...



Yesterday I met the foster mom, her husband (didn't know she was married - that's good), and their 11-year-old daughter at the hotel and gave Isabelle back to them. It was the most difficult thing I have ever had to do, but it certainly helps to know how much they love her. Our room is on the 4th floor and Isabelle was in the snuggly and we were watching over the balcony, so we could see when they came into the lobby. The daughter Heidi was so excited she was jumping up and down! I know that when I was 11 if my mom's job had been to foster babies I would have been in hog heaven!
Last night was rough, but today I did what many of us do...I spent the day drowning my sorrows in shopping :) I bought 8 stoles, and loads of other stuff, and a neat part about it was that I had made plans to meet up with another adoptive mom who also had to give her baby back yesterday, so we were good company for each other! We used the same guide that I sent my mom and aunt out with on Sunday. He was great and had even researched where to buy stoles and took me to basically a Catholic supply store...not a place he had taken tourists before :) I think my favorite one will be the red pentecost stole...Isabelle was born on Pentecost Sunday!
Gotta pack - my flight leaves tomorrow at 2:30!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isabelle is quite the bathing beauty! Miss that sweet little smiling face. (hers and yours!)
love you,
Hat