Tuesday, December 4, 2007

One Tradition I Will NOT Keep!

Okay, so I just had to post this before I forgot - I was talking to the front desk guy and told him that Isabelle cut her first two teeth on Sunday (yes, I am at a point where I will share such random facts with strangers...), anyway, he got all excited and told me that there is a Guatemalan custom that when a baby cuts her first tooth you give the baby a chicken. I'm thinking little stuffed Easter chick sort of thing and considering trying to buy something at the market... NO! Live chicken! Small live chicken given to the baby on the occasion of his/her first tooth! I didn't ask what the baby was supposed to do exactly with the chicken!

Just had to share! Isabelle is sleeping and then we are off to the doctor!

1 comment:

Barb Schott said...

Lauren, she is SOOO precious. The pictures are fabulous. Not sure how chickens relate to first teeth, but I'll be asking my AP and my ESL teacher tomorrow for sure. My prayers will definitely be with you on Wednesday and Thursday.
Much love,
Barb