Friday, January 11, 2008

Webcam Chat with Isabelle and Isabella!

Tuesday night Isabella's mom Alecia came over and we were both SOOOO excited about our webcam chat...and I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to figure out the tech side, since I hadn't done it before!

We waited about 45 minutes before getting an IM message from Ana, the foster mom (I think they had been waiting for a computer...seemed to be in some sort of computer lab). We wrote back and forth for a while and then they switched to a different computer with a webcam but the picture was really lousy :( Basically the only way we could tell the girls apart was that Isabella has curls in her hair so her outline was a little different and I could recognize some of Isabelle's gestures. Sort of like fuzzy gray blobs with moments of almost clarity! Still cool.

Their computer didn't have a microphone, so we were IMing (is that a word?!) back and forth...which REALLY tested my Spanish! We were sort of limited in what we could talk about because it had to be things I knew how to say, but we were able to get some questions answered and find out a little more.

I don't envy Alecia - one thing we found out is that Isabella (remember, born same week as Isabelle) is still getting up for bottles THREE times a night!!! We also found out that Isabella's second DNA test hadn't been done, which means the timeline is looking more and more like Alecia and her husband could end up being in GUA picking up Isabella at the same time I'm there visiting Isabelle in Feb! We are all hoping that's how it works out!!!

Even though communication was difficult, any contact we can have with the foster mom is so great! I kept trying to picture how they had managed what had to seem like quite an outing for them - Ana, her husband, her daughter, and the 2 girls waiting for 45 minutes to get a computer then talking to us for probably another 45...by which point it was something like 9:30 there!

She finally said they had to go because the girls were gettting tired (if they'd been screaming their little heads off we wouldn't have been able to tell!). Ana told us they were going to work this week on taking more pictures around their house and stuff so we'd be able to understand the situation better. I'm still not clear on if she has a digital camera, if she's using the disposables I left with her, or what! We'll see - I'll take anything I can get!

No comments: