I found out today that my case was kicked out of PGN last Monday, March 11. I found out by calling the PGN office in Guatemala directly, so I called my caseworker Angela, but she didn't know about it until I told her. With the Holy Week festivities in Guatemala, not much is happening this week, so unfortunately it is probably going to be at least next Tuesday or later before I even know a reason.
In short, this means that whatever the reason was that they rejected my case will have to be corrected, and then my file will be submitted and the 8-week wait will start yet again.
I was first submitted in December and then kicked out 4 weeks to the day from submission. Today was 4-weeks to the day from when I was submitted the second time. I just don't seem to be able to make it past half-way.
What makes the whole thing much more painful is that I had been told (but hadn't posted) 2 weeks ago that my case should be approved/out/finalized in 1-2 weeks. Last Friday was the 2-week mark, so I was anticipating that I might call today and find out that I was finished, Isabelle was mine, and she'd be coming home. I had even been confident enough to start my baby registry...guess I might as well take off the clothes and baby items, since it looks like she's not coming home any time too soon.
Still sort of shell shocked and very down, so I'll close for now.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thinking of you and Isabelle. Please keep your heads up.
Love,
The Bruce's
Post a Comment