Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!





I couldn't ask for a better birthday than to spend it with my little cupcake :)




Well, it sounds crazy, but I'm on my own for the first time and finally have time to edit and post some pics (and video) and write more than two sentences! I'd love to put up more video and may still, but it's hard to get much decent video of her - as soon as I get down on the floor in front of her to video her crawling or playing or whatever, she starts crawling towards me! Not that I'm complaining...

This entire visit has been totally wonderful and just makes me want Isabelle home even more! Yesterday I mentioned another adoptive mom who has been here with me, and she has truly been a godsend to me! She has such a warm and God-centered spirit, it has been a real help to me as I continue to struggle to trust God in what has been anything BUT an easy process!

As for Isabelle, she's easy as pie! Doesn't cry unless she's tired or whacks her head on something, she hasn't been sick at all, and she is quick to choose me over other people! I have to say, I don't mind at all that if I leave her in the walker and run downstairs (don't cringe, there are 3 steps up before the steps down, so there is NO WAY she could go tumbling down in the walker...) Anyway, if I leave her, she 'walks' all the way across the playroom, waits for me by the door, and cries until she seems me come back :) It is WONDERFUL!

It seems strange in a way to be 'doing nothing' for my birthday, but I couldn't think of a better way to spend it! Today is truly the first time out of all three trips that I have truly been on my own with Isabelle, and it is a real treat! The woman who runs the house also manages the gift shop at the Raddisson, so she's gone during the day, and the housekeeper has finished and gone.

Well, I'm off to go enjoy my little one, who is currently trying to figure out how to put herself into the stroller!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy happy birthday! I can tell you are haivng a wonderful time with Isabelle - she gets cuter every time I see pictures of her. Let's celebrate your birthday when you get back!

Anne :)

Tonya Boster said...

Happy Birthday Lauren! Enjoy your day with your precious Isabelle. The video clip was very cute. I loved the flamingo outfit as well. Still praying for this to be your last trip and the shourtest one through PGN.

Blessings,

Tonya

sj said...

Lauren
Thank you for the pictures in your email! I am enjoying your updates on your blog. Isabelle is sooo cute! The third time in PGN will be the charm for you! May Joseph and Isabelle meet in Guatemala to go home soon! Take care!! Steph and Gabriel

Lori said...

Lauren,
I am glad your day went well yesterday. Thank You for the video clip and pictures of my little one! It was a blessing to wake up this morning and find them on my blog. Enjoy your time.

Love,
Lori