Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Last Day...

Isn't she beautiful?
This trip Isabelle was back with two friends who visited with us in April. Tonya and her little girl Arabella (left) and Lori and her little girl Bethany (right) were great playmates! Arabella isn't walking but loves to get in the walker and chase Isabelle! I have also loved spending the time reuniting with friends!


Once again, I come to that point where it is my 'last' everything with Isabelle. Last bath (pooped in the tub for the FOURTH time), last nap, last bottle... I can't believe that today is the fourth AND FINAL time I will be saying goodbye to Isabelle!



I know tonight will be hard, but at the same time I keep thinking about everything that I need to do at home to get ready for her to come home (and me to be off work for three months), so there is a part of me that is anxious to get home.



Tonight the foster family is coming around 5:30 to pick her up and I have invited them to stay for pizza - it's buy one, get one free pizza night at Domino's, so we are going to do that. I am looking forward to spending time with the foster family but still a little nervous to be around them with Isabelle. Do they think I hold her right? Do they approve of what I feed her? Do they think I have her dressed warm enough? I try to make sure I am honoring their culture and ways of doing things, but sometimes I just don't know what they will think!



I can't believe that (hopefully) in about a month I'll be back bringing her home FOR GOOD!!!! What a sweet feeling! Saying goodbye this time won't be nearly as hard as in the past!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren
What fun you must be having! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!It is wonderful that you will not ever have to say good bye again!!!Talk to you soon! Steph

nora said...

Love the pictures. You two look like you were made for each other and I'm SO glad to hear about your back. God is good, all the time.

I pray you are back in a month and RENAP doesn't hold you up.

Kim said...

She certainly is beautiful! You will be with her soon FOREVER!