Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Kiss!

We are in Guatemala and we finished with the Embassy appointment this morning and all went well. We go back tomorrow afternoon to pick up her visa, and then Isabelle is ready to come home!

For me, the most memorable part of the Embassy appointment was when Isabelle gave me my first kiss! She has kissed her bear and she kissed the foster mom yesterday when they were leaving, but she had not kissed me until today at the Embassy. The sweetest little kiss on the sweetest of days! Right on the lips! I{m sure she probably shared her cold as well, but that is okay!

My wireless is not working right now, so at the moment I cannot post pictures. Hopefully that will change and I will try to post more later. We are exhausted, but it is a good day!

3 comments:

Dream Angel's Mommy said...

How precious. I've been checking your blog hoping to see an update. I can't wait to see pictures. Thanks for sharing. CONGRATULATIONS!
Valerie

Susie said...

Congratulations! Officially yours, how sweet it is. Looking forward to pics. That walk down the runway at the airport is the most amazing moment...it will take your breath away. Blessings Home, Susie

Lori said...

Lauren, Thanks for sharing about the sweetest first kiss! I am glad things went well at the embassy. Looking forward to pictures.

Enjoy the time you have left.
Blessings,
Lori