Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Our First Few Days at Home

Here is a little glimpse of our first few days at home! Mom and I got home in the wee hours of Friday morning and then Dad came down from VA to join us Friday night after Isabelle went to bed. I admit, Isabelle's first outing on Friday was to Wal-Mart :) Sometimes, these things just have to be done!

Saturday we got Isabelle all dressed in her Duke gear and ran a few errands and then just spent the rest of the day hanging out at home and grilling out.
My parents with Isabelle in her Duke gear :)

I'm not sure which one put the other one to sleep!


Sunday morning Mom and Dad headed home and Isabelle and I were on our own for the first time. We mostly just hung out at home, but we did head to the mall for a little while - I had hoped Isabelle could play a bit in the play area, but there were too many big kids :( We'll try again on a weekday when they will be in school!
Sunday night Isabelle had her first 'playdate.' We went to Troy and Monica's for dinner and Isabelle played with Mason. They live right down the street and are only 4 months apart, so we hope they will be good play buddies :) Monica is originally from El Salvador, and Isabelle just lights up when she speaks Spanish to her!
Mason had this great bubble thing that made all these little tiny bubbles that didn't pop. Isabelle loved it!
Monday we headed to Greensboro to see Angela, the Guatemala coordinator with my agency. We also visited just about everyone else in the agency as Isabelle made her rounds down the hall with a trail of Cheerios everywhere she went :) After that I tried taking her to Costco to give her lunch (baby food, not a Costco hotdog...although that's what I ate!) I didn't time it well and we had our first public meltdown. Will try harder to be home earlier with our next outing!
Last night my friends who have been keeping Faith brought her home. I had been very nervous about how the two of them would do, but I think it is going to be fine. Isabelle doesn't seem to understand that she isn't a person. She tries to share her toys with Faith and to kiss her and doesn't quite seem to get it when Faith's reactions aren't what she'd expect! All in all, they are getting along well although today Faith has barked at her more and scared her a couple of times.
Angela asked me how I know Isabelle is hungry...the answer...she goes over to her high chair and tries to put her bib on herself. Very cute :) Speaking of which...I guess I better go!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Love the picture of Isabelle in her high chair! Too cute! Glad to hear things with Faith went well too. We have 2 BIG dogs Kate will have to get used too. I got that same pink/brown outfit for Kate!

Courtney said...

Congrats...........Isabelle is gorgeous. Enjoy your time home. Time goes so fast. Courtney