Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ready to Head for HOME!

I got Isabelle´s visa this afternoon without any problems, so that means we have everything for her to come HOME tomorrow!!! Wow! Still hard to believe.

No wireless, so no pictures :( The reality is that I have not had much of a chance to download many anyway so that will have to be a project after I get home! I am used to my day in Guatemala being just at Casa de Luna with a fair amount of free time, but with this being such a quick trip and being allowed to leave, we have not been around much!

This morning was our big adventure, and I am thrilled to say that Isabelle did GREAT! She could not officially be a part of the family until we checked out her shopping stamina...she held up (and even seemed to enjoy herself) for FOUR HOURS!!! And, to top it all off she rode in the carseat (a first) as we drove all around town through horrible traffic. Actually, she fell asleep within minutes of being put into it! Hopefully that pattern continues.

For those who do not know, I had been worried about Isabelle and the carseat because she is not used to having to ride in one at all so I was not sure how she´d handle being contained like that. The answer is, LIKE A CHAMP! She´s so agreeable it is wonderful! She rode around in her stroller (she HAS been in a stroller before) for 2 1/2 hours at the market and loved it. I got her a bunch of stuff that should be fun throughout the years.

After the market, we went to the place I call the stole store. It is actually a Catholic supply shop with baptism gowns, all sorts of worship stuff, and stoles :) I did well. I only bought 4 (well, and 3 others at the market...). I wear a robe for church every Sunday, so the stoles are the only chance I have to show a little ´personality,´but at home most of them are $100 or more, so I don´t have too many of those!

We came back and had a quick lunch and by then it was about time for me to go pick up Isabelle´s visa. That was cool. To finally have all the paperwork in hand I need to be able to walk her through Immigration tomorrow, where she will officially become a US Citizen! Wow!

Mom stayed at Casa de Luna so Isabelle could nap and I just went with our facilitator Monica. When we finished we did a bit more celebratory shopping, which of course was fun. I bought Isabelle the cutest little dress (and, well, a few other things...).

Tonight we attempted to pack with the help of a toddler. Needless to say, we aren´t finished yet!

So far, flights are all on time...supposed to leave Miami at 8:25 PM on American Airlines flt 4208 arriving in GSO at 10:25 PM!!!

I can´t wait to be walking through the airport knowing we have friends waiting for us!

We won´t be able to update (obviously) so check flight status before heading out!

BE HOME SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations--she is so cute! Safe travels home.

Donna

Kim said...

Safe travels home Lauren!! Can't wait to see more pictures of adorable Isabelle!