Saturday, October 11, 2008

Home 1 Month Today!

Isabelle came home 1 month ago today and wow, what a month it has been! I feel like every day she learns something new and it is so fun to watch!

She can now
go up the 2 steps into the house by herself
flush the toilet
stack blocks
clap at herself when she does something she is proud of
pet the dog nicely (sometimes, anyway…)
say “Wow”
put her socks on top of her feet and pick out matching shoes
take the diaper disposal bags out of the package of 100, 1 at a time
laugh when she passes gas
pucker her lips to kiss (just started that this week!)
decide which socks are hers and which ones are mine
drink out of a sippy cup
stand on her head (that’s the sign that she wants Faith to chew on her hair…)
tell me when she’s hungry (mouth wide open while she stares at food…)
blow her nose (and feed the Kleenex to Faith…)
feed the dog pretzels, one at a time
wave bye bye (backwards…more like she is waving at herself…)
hand me the toilet paper when I’m going to the bathroom

And a few of her favorites:
Green beans, bananas, and cheerios
Bath time
Her “oso” (stuffed bear)
Sleeping with mom
Plastic fruit
Music and dancing
Pooping in a fresh, clean diaper. Every time.
Being the center of attention

I am having a great time being a mom and scheduling my life around playdates and naps (I enjoy both...) and don't quite know what I'll do when it is time to go back to work! We've had playdates this week with a bunch of different friends and have enjoyed them all. I think Isabelle enjoys the distraction of other kids around and likes watching them and occasionally trying to "share."

1 comment:

Tonya Boster said...

Your time off will fly by; enjoy every minute! It sounds like you are doing a good job of it. Have fun and take care.

Tonya