Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our Adventures!

Isabelle and her favorite playmate!
Grandma's playpen :)



We've had a full week! We started off on Saturday driving an hour to the outlets and then went to Gabriel's birthday party (see post below) and then after the party ended we made the 5 hour drive from the party up to my parents' house in Virginia.


This was a big trip for us as a family of THREE (yes, Faith was in her crate in the back for the outlet shopping...birthday party...drive...stop for dinner...). It was our first overnight trip since Isabelle has been home!


Originally, I had all these visions of going to the beach, visiting family and friends, etc., during my 3 months off of work, but the reality is that Isabelle's needs come first and I have felt like the routines and familiarity of home were more important than anything else.


I'm thrilled to say, though, that Isabelle did GREAT at my parents! Mom even did her whole bath/books/bottle/bed routine TWICE without any major mishaps and she slept through the night pretty much every night. She kept her regular nap schedule (thankfully she is the best napper - she sleeps for 1 hour 20 minutes but can go down any time between 1 and 3:30 and still be a happy camper!)


She was a trooper for some shopping, loved eating out, and LOVED climbing the steps! She's really blossomed in the last week or two - I feel like she's bonding even more with me and she's much more confident and mastering new skills daily. Before this week, she wouldn't do anything but tap toys. That meant that anything that had a pull, button, made noise, etc., she was very interested in but wouldn't touch hard enough to make anything happen.


Then WHAM! All of a sudden she can make all of her toys work by herself! Mommy is particularly thankful because now I'm relieved of making the See N Say sing Old McDonald again and again. She's gotten her new leapster Lily to count to ten so many times that I think yesterday I heard her say, "one, two, ...seven!" At least that's SORT of what it sounded like!

She's never shown any interest in her riding toy here, but now all of a sudden she's all about riding!

And her favorite activity at Cici and Granddad's......the steps! She'd never seen a flight of steps before last week when she managed to get up Gabriella's and she burned many a calorie doing her steps this week!

Tonight we had our first swimming lesson (finally!) and tomorrow morning we are off to a Halloween party at the Y. Check back later...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow! What a big girl!