But she LOVES her farm! I got it as a shower gift but hadn't opened it yet...just didn't feel like we needed to introduce everything all at once. Well, yesterday I got out the farm and set it up on her little table. She'll actually sit at the table and push the tractor back and forth, put the animals in/out and open/close the doors, etc. The farmer even had to go to the doctor with us today :) She can push the tractor around on the floor, have the farmer drive, and generally has a good time with it.
That was the good news yesterday. The other (sort of) good news yesterday was that crayons are non-toxic! Let me explain...
Yesterday morning I got out the crayons (2 at a time - green and blue) and Isabelle was "coloring." I turned my back (BIG mistake) and when I looked back Isabelle's mouth was all green and Faith's was all blue. I chased Faith and retrieved a little stub of blue crayon but couldn't find any sign of the green one. Uh oh.
I looked in all of Isabelle's little cubbys but it was gone. And Isabelle's mouth was DEFINATELY green. Well, nothing I could do but wait for a very strange diaper...
I put the dog outside and hoped for the best.
Fast forward to after nap time.
Good news: two big piles of TURQUOISE throw up. That's what you get when you COMBINE blue and green. Score 2 crayons for Faith, none for Isabelle.
Bad News: It was right in the middle of my big CREAM SHAG rug. "Washable" is relative in case anyone was wondering. Crayon+dog food+stomach acid does NOT = washable.
I've "trimmed" the shag on my shag rug, but it is still really obvious. Oh well, I'm glad it was Faith (and that she's no worse for the wear...but needs her teeth brushed...) and not Isabelle.
TODAY:
Today was our first doctor's appointment - FINALLY! 3 shots and a blood draw later, things are all okay. She actually hasn't gained any weight since she's been home...although I know others have said the weights they had from our GUA dr were a little high so who knows! She's in the 50th% for height and 90th% for weight so I guess we don't need to worry about weight gain either way :)
I have to collect stool samples for the lab. I'm glad they won't be green. That would be a little embarrassing to explain!

1 comment:
Why do dogs have to puke all over the rugs? They ALWAYS go for the rugs when they are sick. Glad everything turned out fine!
Post a Comment