Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Gabriella!

I'm a little late posting because, well, I've been feeling like crud, but Saturday we had a great time celebrating Gabriella's 2nd birthday with our gang of princesses! Gabriel and Joseph couldn't come, so it was just the girls (well, and Amelia's dad Joe...). All pink and girly with a bit of Mardi Gras thrown in!

I think we waited a little too long on the cake, and by the time we got to it Gabriella was putting her poor little head down on her high chair, she was so tired!

Here we are...I'd have to say our best picture yet! Wish us luck, though, our next outing is a group trip to the picture studio in March to attempt a group picture with all 8 of them!
I don't think Isabelle was feeling too great. She slept in the car on the way over and then was just not herself. Here's her "you can dress me up like a princess and get me ready for Mardi Gras, but that doesn't mean I'll be happy about it" look! Poor thing. Her eyes tell all.

Gabriella and Isabelle together in our hotel room in Guatemala City in Feb 2008...
And now both HOME in Feb '09!

In other Isabelle news, she's figuring out new things every day! Her latest is being able to open the door to the laundry room, let the dogs out (that's where they sleep), and then go get their leashes for me. She can get the food out while I'm gone and knows which dog bowl goes with which dog. Yesterday she decided Eli needed goldfish for snack...
Unfortunately, while I take them out she's also learned to climb up into her high chair!
Today I came in from taking the dogs out and thought her mouth was all bloody. I did a double take because she had a big grin on her face. Well, let's just say I LOVE jelly beans (Brach's spiced) but don't like the red ones so I always pick them out. I had been munching while she was napping and she got into the red stash!
It was only a bit later that I discovered she apparently only likes the outsides...I started finding lovely gummy remnants all over the carpet! My fault...
She's also SOOOO into Elmo...I'll try to post those pictures later!

No comments: