Monday, March 30, 2009

Big News!

The big news in our family is that Grant Caleb made his way (naturally) into the world this morning at 10:30!!! It wasn't looking like he was going to fit, so my sister-in-law was scheduled for a c-section...tomorrow! We are thrilled for them and Isabelle has been showing all of us the pictures of "her baby" on the computer :) We'll get to see them on Thursday and I can't wait! Hopefully I'll post pics later, but I forgot to ask!

While Stacey was hard at work, we were at the zoo! I LOOOOOVE the zoo and had been wanting to take Isabelle and thought this would be a great chance. It was supposed to be in the low 60's and sunny, which we thought would be perfect. The weathermen were WRONG! It was 48, windy, cloudy, and FREEZING!

I think the weather didn't help, but Isabelle didn't have the joy-filled, thrilling experience I had been hoping for. In fact, she spent the whole morning seemingly scared of everything from squirrels to elephants. The only thing she really liked was the goldfish that happened to be in the water at one of the exhibits!

Here she is looking less than excited about one of my personal favorites...the elephants!

We tried taking her in the Ape House and the combination of all the flying apes and the noise from the multitude of small children was waaaaay too much. She didn't cry and she did want to watch the apes and chimps, but she wanted to be held. Then, when we saw that one of them had my brother's name, we couldn't resist a picture. Scary how much Isabelle and Kyle seem to favor one another with the "dude, why are you doing this to me?" look!

At lunch, Isabelle came out of her shell and was thrilled with our makeshift picnic and then was on fire for all the animals after that! Of course, she only lasted about another hour before she was knocked out in her stroller!

My favorite animals are the elephants, the giraffes (when we asked "Where are the giraffes?", the answer we got was "In Florida." Duh. Like we should have known), and the PANDAS! Isabelle loved her some osos (bears).

She was all into it by that point and wanted to check out all the exhibits up close (or try to get in them...) We had to hold hands with her because she was trying to run everywhere!

Overall, a fun day, but I think we'll wait until she's a little bigger before trying the zoo again! Her new panda t-shirt, however was a HUGE hit. She pulled a new one when we got home. She told my mom she had gone "pee pee in her mickey" (diaper) and that she needed a new mickey. We'd just changed her, so I didn't get it. Well, turns out it was the only way she could figure out how to get her clothes taken off...she wanted to wear her new panda shirt! Too funny!

2 comments:

Tonya Boster said...

I am happy that Grant made it safely into this world and is doing great. Enjoy your visit and we'll see you this weekend!

Tonya and Arabella

Lori said...

Congratulations on your new nephew! I had quite a bit of reading to do today as I have been with out my computer since last Thursday!

Can't wait to see you both Friday!