Friday, March 13, 2009

Proud Mama and Other Stuff :)

Last night Isabelle and I were invited to go to dinner with a couple from church. I've gone to lunch with them before but not since Isabelle has been home. Anyway, we got there and the husband was wearing a tie...that was my first clue that we just weren't going to the regular dining hall (they are in a retirement home)... Well, he'd also invited a couple of other friends and it turns out had made us reservations in the "formal" dining room.

Uh oh. We walked in and with the long table cloths and fancy table set up I was more than a little worried about how Isabelle would behave. We've been out to eat plenty but never some place so NICE...and QUIET...and completely lacking in any other person under the age of 70.

Well, I'm proud to say that Isabelle sat nicely in her high chair for AN HOUR AND A HALF! She charmed the whole table and didn't do anything worse than beat her fork against the charger. And that's all considering she never really got a meal since they didn't exactly have a kids menu and oysters and filet aren't standard toddler fare! I was sooooo proud of my sweet little munchkin :) And here's a pic from earlier this week (notice we went from snow to shorts to back to a turtleneck in the span of a week!). Isabelle is getting her dogs well-trained. Here they are sitting nicely hoping she will share her pretzels (which she did!).
Check back tomorrow...with any luck I'll have some great pictures to post!
PS thanks for the sunscreen comments - I hadn't thought about it running in her eyes! Also, another single mom left me a comment a while back about keeping in touch and now I can't find it! So, whoever that was please leave me another comment - I'm not purposely ignoring you!

1 comment:

Linda Ashcraft said...

Isn't it nice to be surprised with such good behavior? We did the same here --- snow - shorts - turtlenecks! Mia has that same dress - Claire had outgrown those sweet jumpers, and I'm so glad to have a little one in them again. Love the picture with the dogs!