It's funny. When you start to type a title to a post in blogger, it tries to finish it for you based on what you've titled things in the past. Well, apparently a year ago today my post had the same title...but for very different reasons!
A year ago today I was in Guatemala visiting Isabelle (for the 3rd time...) and had absolutely no idea when my case would be completed. My case had been kicked out of PGN (AGAIN) and I had no news about it ever getting resubmitted. I was completely frustrated but really tried to enjoy my time in Guatmala.
It was also my first trip staying at Casa de Luna B&B and the owner Adriana even threw me a mini birthday party. My present to myself last year was paying for the foster family to come and spend the day with us at the zoo and to hire Victor to translate so we could have some quality time together. For a variety of reasons, it was a birthday I'll never forget.
And this year, my birthday was a day I'll never forget because of how completely "normal" the day seemed. Normal that I woke up to a toddler undressing herself and taking off her diaper as she tried to coerce me out of the bed to change her. Normal that I drove to Greensboro singing "We Are the Dinosaurs" and doing the hand motions as I tried to keep Isabelle awake. Normal that I lifted the hatch and changed a poopy diaper in the middle of the parking lot like it was, well, just a normal part of life. A normal that a year ago I feared might never happen.
A good day. A good day, indeed. And now, for the pictures :)
Isabelle absolutely adores her baby Grant.
"The Staredown." I thought this one was hilarious!
My parents with Grant. I wish we'd thought to do a picture of them with both grandchildren as we were together for the first time, but oh well. None of us thought of it!
I think this one ranks as my favorite picture of Grant so far!
Happy birthday to me! And now, to celebrate.......I think I'm going to bed early!

3 comments:
Happy Birthday Lauren!!!!
With Love,
Lori
Hope your birthday was great and that you got lots of sleep like you wanted! Grant is so cute!
Blessings,
Tonya
Happy Birthday Lauren! Aren't the "normal" days the "best" days now? Hope you got to do something extraordinary on your birthday as well!
Post a Comment