Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Isabelle Knows Her Friends!

It was an "ah ha!" moment...at least for me! I think I've mentioned before that Isabelle has a picture book, a little flip photo album with pictures of the important people in her life. It's proven to be a good way to get her saying people's names and also to remember family between visits.

Well, last night I added more pictures and was showing them to her this afternoon. As you may remember, we took this group picture back in March with our guatetot group.

Well, instead of trying to get her to SAY names, I said "Where's Gabriella?" (she can always identify Gabriella). Then, not expecting too much, I asked about one of the others...and then another...and then another...until she had pointed to ALL EIGHT of them when I said their names!

Isabelle knows her friends! I know they say kids know a lot more than they can verbalize, and it's just fun we are getting to a point where that is so evident in so many different ways!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

I just love that picture.. Yes, they know too much!! DOminic is my parrot now. OH geez, and OH Gosh get said alot... better then a bad word!! :)

Anonymous said...

It is a great picture. I am so glad we were able to get Joseph in it, because he will NOT let me take his picture with Gabriel. 3 professionals have even tried....maybe I can hire you to try. :)