Translation: After months of refusing to even SIT on the pink princess potty, mommy I'd like to sit right down on my potty and POOP!!! Horray!!!
After she got up and I realized what she'd done I showed her...don't think she really realized it...and she sat back down, lifted up her little belly to peer into her potty, and said "MORE?!"
She'd sit for 30 seconds or so and then lift up her little belly again and look again, repeating, "MORE?!"
She was so proud of her first effort pooping in the potty...and so was this mama! She clapped for herself and kept talking about it. I've decided that when she uses her potty she's going to get to pull a pez out of the "whack-whack" pez dispenser she got from the Easter bunny...she seemed pretty excited about that and promptly sat back down to try AGAIN!
Big day in our household! I'd pretty much given up on the potty because after early success back before Christmas she had completely lost interest.
When one of the women from church came to watch her tonight while I had a meeting, she even told "LoLo" that she "Nay-nay in paa" (went stinky in the potty) and clapped for herself! It was so cute! I've never seen her so proud of herself to want to tell someone else what she did! Priceless!
Sorry, no pictures. Thought about it. But then thought better of it ;)
Yippee!!!
P.S. Yes, I did indeed tell my whole board and my District Superintendent about our big accomplishment. She'll probably kill me one day...
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yeah, Isabelle!!! That is a huge accomplishment. So, so precious.
Hooray for you, Isabelle! You are getting to be a big girl!
Yay for Isabelle!!! Just a side note from a 'pro'...I see this all the time. Just try not to push her into it. Each child is on their own timeframe with this stuff. They WILL let you know when they are ready! But I must say, its wonderful that she's interested so early! Teachers love early potty-ers!
Heather Craig
Post a Comment