But as of today, here's the reality...
2 very large boxes in my shed and one patch of weeds to put it in...
Anyone available Memorial Day Sunday? I'm hoping to make the dream a reality before Isabelle's birthday on the 27th! I've been wanting to get her a swing set/jungle gym as her big birthday present but wasn't sure I could afford it...or how I'd get it together!Thanks CiCi and BobBob for your contribution (and to an upcoming wedding I'm doing) and well,...anyone available on the 24th for the getting it together part???
I'm thinking we'll start right after church and pray it is finished before dark! At this point, I'm much more excited than Isabelle, but I know she'll love it! I got a toddler swing to replace one of the big swings, so she'll have her "whee" AND her slide!
Oh, and the guy who mows has already agreed to mow around it! That was a prerequisite to purchasing! We had to drive to the next town to get it, and I had called yesterday to put it on hold...according to the woman this morning, we got the last one available in the entire state and there aren't any more to be ordered AND it was $100 off! God is good!!!!
I can't wait to be playing out back! Wonder what the dogs will think...
I can't wait to be playing out back! Wonder what the dogs will think...

5 comments:
My goodness, is what is in that box that HUGE playset? Cool! I would love to come on over and help, but it took DH and I 90 minutes to put together the Princess Cozy Coupe for Kate's birthday! LOL! She will have a blast playing on that thing! Where did you get it?
Wish I lived closer and we would help. Have fun with it when it is done! I can't believe your little darling is getting ready to turn 2!
Blessings,
Tonya
I hate to tell you this, but we got a very similar swing set last year when we moved and it took Mark and my dad the better part of a week to assemble it. We got ours with pre-drilled holes which was incredibly helpful but just don't get frustrated if it's not a one-day project. It is totally worth it! Plus - then you'll be an experienced swingseteer and can help us reassemble ours in Morganton in July!!! ;)
Lauren, I wish I could send Joe Mac up there to help. We got a similar set for Morgan's 2nd birthday. Joe, his dad & our neighbor put it together in two days. I think the key is laying it all out and labeling all of the pieces. THEN it's important to have someone read the directions while the others follow their instruction. It turned out to be an assembly line procedure and worked fairly well. Morgan LOVES her "swide"...now if I could only control the mosquitos down here we'd be set!!
GOOD LUCK! I can't wait to see the finished product with Isabelle "whee-ing"!
~Lisa
PS...I have a new Gmail account: lhmcgrady@gmail.com I just opened it.
Happy Mother's Day Lauren! So glad you guys are together and home and celebrating! If we were closer I would be there in a heart beat.
nrt
Post a Comment