Monday, May 11, 2009

Isabelle's Mother's Day Present

I have to post an addendum to yesterday's Mother's Day post. I put up a picture of Isabelle in her pink and green dress, but I didn't point out the VERY IMPORTANT object she's holding...my BRUSH!

Why, do you ask, is this significant? Because for Mother's Day (I'm 100% sure that's why she did it), she decided that her new obsession is sitting me in the middle of the floor and brushing my hair. Nicely. Without pulling. Without poking my eye out (okay, maybe one close call). Without making a mess.

Have I mentioned that I LOOOVVVVEEEE having my hair brushed?! As a kid, my best friend and I would brush and style each other's hair for hours on end and I always loved it. There are a select few of you out there reading this who have even been the ones (mostly in my younger days...) who have humored me and brushed out my hair :)

Anyway, Isabelle discovering my hair brush was a great gift! Of course, the biggest gift is just having her home and healthy and happy, but I'm talking tangible "First Mother's Day" kind of gift!

Tonight when I tried to put her to bed she cried and said "One more brush. Mommy, one more brush." Yes, I gave in. I (happily) plopped right down on the floor in her room and let her go to town.

Ahhh...it's the simple things in life...

No comments: