What a great day! This morning we hosted our monthly guatetot gathering and we decided to make it a pool/water/outdoor play day. It was a HUGE success! Half of the families were out of town, so there were only 4 kids and 5 adults, which actually made it much more manageable. I love having everyone together, but with all of the water involved, I know Isabelle did a lot better than she would have with twice as many kids.
I bought a big blow up pool last summer on clearance and didn't know how it would work out, but it was great! I think all of the kids (and the parents) had a fun morning playing and hanging out, and then we grilled hot dogs and had a bunch of other stuff for a fun outdoor picnic lunch.
I've been doing a lot of updating today, so keep scrolling down...there are multiple posts...and VIDEOS!
Here's Isabelle with the Slip and Slide...she didn't get the slip part or the slide part but she sure did dig the water fountain feature :)

All the girls having a great time in the pool. It was nice that this pool is big enough to actually have a bit of depth so they could "swim." I hope it will help Isabelle get a lot more comfortable with the pool this summer, because we don't have access to a real pool :(

Allie-Maria having a great time...

Here's lunch. The Little T*kes table was a great investment... I think we may spend a lot of time eating outside this summer...just may master drinking from a cup!

Sara and Isabelle

And of course the day wouldn't have been complete without some time on the new swingset!

Below are two videos...it's always hard to capture the "best" stuff on video, but this at least shows a bit of our morning! And, well, I couldn't resist posting the second one...I think the kids need to be a little older and the yard needs to be on more of a slope for the slip and slide to be a success :)
1 comment:
WOW! They look like they had such a great time! It must be wonderful to be able have a great support group like that. Looks like a lot of fun for everyone!
Post a Comment