You never know with these sorts of things though...but the outcome was great! The weather was PERFECT, the ice cream was good (Isabelle ate cups of homemade blueberry, strawberry, and chocolate/banana), and the girls had an absolute blast playing in the bubbles!
I had figured I'd be taking Isabelle home dirty but didn't figure it would be because she was covered in SOAP! It was pretty funny. We went to dinner afterwards and when I tried to clean her hands with a wipe it just made soap bubbles everywhere! Must have made her dinner taste pretty funny but she didn't seem to mind :)
Here are some pics from our afternoon. They gave out free sunglasses, and Isabelle had a ball with hers! Wearing them, of course, mostly on her head. Because, well, that's where mommy wears hers!
Gabriella and Isabelle stylin'Lella enjoyin some ice cream
Isabelle went to town with the bubbles. I have bubbles at the house but never think to get them out...I think I'm going to have to make a better effort since she had so much fun!

Scroll down for a video of the girls with the pool of bubbles - THAT'S where the big mess came into play! But boy did they have fun! 
Scroll down for a video of the girls with the pool of bubbles - THAT'S where the big mess came into play! But boy did they have fun!After we finished eating ice cream (at first, I have to say I was disappointed by the serving sizes, but in retrospect I didn't need to eat piles of ice cream and it was nice to leave not feeling sick to my stomach, not to mention the fact that Isabelle ate three servings...)...anyway after we finished we went to this great local restaurant called the Filling Station. We sat outside on the patio and continued to enjoy the beautiful weather.
They sat us right next to the fish pond and even brought out a roll so the girls could feed the fish. Yeah. Isabelle certainly didn't get why on earth she should waste good bread on big goldfish, but it was nice of the staff to try!
All in all, a really nice afternoon/evening! Here's a pic of the girls at the fish pond. Scroll down for video...


No comments:
Post a Comment