Saturday, November 7, 2009

An Empty Backseat...

Well, I'm not totally sure how I feel about today.  I spent a beautiful day driving through the rolling hills of Virginia to take Isabelle to Charlottesville to meet my parents.  The strange part?  I came home without her!  That was the plan...they are keeping her for the next two weeks - yikes!  We have been apart once before when I went to a retreat for two nights and my mom stayed at my house but never anything like this.  We'll see.  Isabelle seemed to think the whole thing was cool - she knew that she was going to Ceci and BobBob's house and that mommy wasn't going.  And the most fascinating part to her?  Her carseat got transferred to their car!  Oh, to be two...  We'll see what she thinks in another day or two...



The house seems quiet because, well, it is!  I have to admit, though, that all the recent events and happenings have left me pretty drained and very ready for a break.  Not from Isabelle specifically but more from life in general.  Oh, and there's still that pesky doctorate with classes on Monday...at least I got both papers and one of the two books finished today!  Just one book to go :)

I will have classes Mon-Wed and then will be dropping off the face of the earth, not answering the phone, not playing on e-mail, NADA, for over a WEEK!  I had originally hoped to spend time in solace, prayer and devotional reading but it is looking more like it is going to be madly planning all of Advent, writing sermons, and doing yet another paper for class.  I don't mind, though.  I actually thrive personally and spiritually (usually, anyway) in that kind of an environment.  This time away was part of the "deal" when I got the sabbatical granted from my bishop and I'm happy to oblige!

When I return I want to be 100% ready to jump into ministry at my new church and to be totally ready to embrace the celebrations that come with the season!

Isn't my pumpkin pie lover adorable?  I know, it's a pumpkin, but don't tell Isabelle that.  To her all pumpkins are "pumpkin pies" and all spiders are "Sara spiderman" (thanks to her friend Sara, who was spiderman for Halloween!)  She's not sleeping...she's lovin' on the pumpkin!


Keep reading below...multiple posts...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Enjoy your free time. I'll bet you will miss her like crazy! She is adorable!