Wednesday, January 27, 2010

$140 Later...

(update after this morning...)


As I was paying my (whopper) bill at the vet's office, they were trying to console me...and said it was good I brought Faith in when I did because they've had cases where the infection got worse and they had to amputate the dog's tail! Yikes!

I feel terrible for her. Faith has to wear the collar for a week and she won't move AT ALL while wearing it. I'm actually a little worried about her. She has had it for about 10 hours now and hasn't been willing to drink anything or go to the bathroom :( I even tried taking it off and taking her in the yard on a leash (so I could keep her from chewing on her tail) but since I had to keep tugging on the leash as she tried to chew she got frustrated and laid down and cried in the grass. It was pitiful.

They did a few other things to rule out any other problems so I'm hoping maybe she will have recovered from that stuff a bit by tomorrow and will hopefully drink! Otherwise I'll have to call the vet. In the meantime, I have to figure a way to keep the two dogs apart ALL THE TIME for a week. With a snow storm coming in on Friday. Fun stuff at our house.

PS Isabelle informed me tonight that she's wearing big girl "underwears" to school tomorrow. I say, with the rate that the daycare has somehow been zipping through her diapers, go for it! We'll see...

No comments: