Saturday, February 20, 2010

Big Family Fun!

This weekend my brother and sister-in-law went away without Grant for the first time. Never fear, he was in the capable hands of my parents and so Isabelle, Faith, Eli, and I went up to Durham for a couple days to "help." Yeah, right.

Just in case you are counting, that's 4 dogs, an almost 1-year-old, a 2 1/2 year old, and 3 adults. One dog that pees in the house, one dog that has to be held upright and fed by hand, one dog that will bite or attack if you take his toy or sit where he wants to sit, and one dog that just wants to be right where you are trying to walk. All the time. Oh, and they are putting in a (gorgeous) screened in porch that currently doesn't have steps, so all 4 dogs have to be taken out front. On leashes. Of course two of them wear special leashes that only my dad knows how to put on.

It was relaxing. NOT! But we had a really good time :)

My parents with their grands!



We took VERY good care of Grant. I even texted my brother with a picture on my phone to prove it :)



Okay, I think this is my favorite recent picture!


Oh, and you know, since we had so much relaxing free time to do things like shop, my dad finally got to do something he's been wanting to do since I first got Eli. He bought Eli a "man collar." Apparently he thought Eli was embarrassed by the blue patterned woven one I had...


It was great to get to see them and I have to say it was also just fun for me to get away. Granted, it's not like they live that far from me (just over an hour), but mentally it is always really helpful for me to be able to get a true break from church. I am loving my new church but I always have a hard time TRULY getting away and relaxing and rejuvinating. It was good :)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Love these pics!! Kyle didn't get your text, but Grant in Faith's crate cracks me up.