Well, the last few weeks haven't exactly turned out the way I had expected. As the saying goes, if you want to make God laugh, tell God your plans :) Last time I wrote I was hoping we were gearing up for a fun weekend in the snow, but long story short I ended up with a long weekend of the stomach flu and my first true trial of single parenting when parenting feels impossible. But we survived! I had lots of friends who wanted to help, but the roads were too icy for anyone to get here!
The blessing, though, has far-outweighed the crud. I have my happy, cheerful, cuddly, kissy Isabelle back! We've had a lot of weather days the last week and a half and as a result have spent a lot of time at home. Even on the days the weather and my stomach cooperated for work, we left late because the roads were still icy in the mornings.
It appears, though, that this was the best possible thing for both of us! We both have had the chance to slow down, Isabelle has had some wonderful days of playing with her toys, and for once I've actually had time to play with her and just spend snuggly time together! It's been awesome :) Yesterday we even sat on the couch and watched Cinderella. The whole thing. Without interruption. And I sat too. Wow.
The new pic at the top is a product of today's outing - Valentine's pictures! This was the first time she's been old enough for me to tell her we were going to get pictures taken and she understood. All I had to do was tell her we were making a surprise for Ceci and BobBob (not really, because mom knew we were there...) and she'd give us a huge grin!
Afterwards we went to lunch together and even did a bit of shoe shopping (for me). She took off my socks and tried the shoes on me. Great mother daughter time. A good day. Again.
The tears have stopped. The tantrums have stopped. The crying at bedtime hasn't stopped, but she at least doesn't start until after I've left her room and closed the door and it tends to be brief. She's sleeping through the night.
A lot of my friends have been going crazy and complaining about so much time stuck at home with their kids, but nothing could have been better for us! Sometimes God knows what we need and gives it to us in unexpected ways!
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm glad you are feeling better and that you have had lots of time to spend together lately. I am happy to hear that Isabells is adjusting and is happier these days. Love the Valetine pic! I hope we can visit again this spring!:)
Post a Comment