(Background: my aunt Hat snores)
"Mommy, next time Belle no sleep in Hat's room. Hat sleep too loud. Belle sleep in other room so Hat no wake Belle up."
(Background: I asked Isabelle if she needed to go poop)
"No mommy, Belle no need to go poop. Belle's poop go night-night in Belle's bottom. It wake up and come out later."
(Background: I tried to have our first serious "skin color" conversation. I thought I had a good lead in, as we were talking about clothes and different color shirts and I was telling her she can look pretty in lots of colors that don't look pretty on me.)
Me: You can look pretty in shirts that are orange and yellow and green but mommy doesn't look very pretty in those colors. I think maybe it's because your skin has a little bit more brown than mommy's skin. What do you think?
Belle: "Mommy, Belle no brown. Belle knee purple. See? (points to bruise)"
Every day it's something. She's hilarious! This is such a fun age!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Love it! Glad you are writing it all down. You will enjoy them in the years to come. Wish I could find time to do the same;~).
love to you both!
Post a Comment