Today was Sara's (4th) birthday party, and she picked a karate party! I wasn't sure exactly what Isabelle would think or if she'd even understand what was going on, but she did great! I told her karate is sort of like dancing...the man will tell you what to do and you just copy him. Right?! Yeah...that's what I thought!
Anyway, she was her usual timid self at the beginning and really she pretty much stepped back every time the instructor transitioned to a new move, but then she'd get in there and eventually tried about everything!
She also just enjoyed running around...
Here she is paying close attention to the instructor and trying to hold her fingers in a triangle to "fall". It was cute :)
Isabelle and Sara, the karate master! The instructor set up an "obstacle" course around the gym (is that what you call a karate place? I have no idea...). Isabelle watched for a while and eventually joined in. I feel like I have to sort of watch out for her at these kinds of things because it takes her a while to warm up and then she's so timid she tends to just back off if other kids jump in. She's the quiet kid who waits her turn and never gets noticed :( Sorry, mommy bear comes out occasionally!
Here are Allie-Maria, Kaylan, and Isabelle on the "obstacle course"
Yeah, I think Sara has done this once or twice before!
And what's a party without cake?! This was, of course, Isabelle's favorite part! She's been talking for weeks about singing Happy Birthday to Sara at her party but then wouldn't sing when the time came :( Oh well, we'll get there!
And near the party was my favorite consignment store (the same one where I found her toy chest at Christmas) so of COURSE we had to go while we were in the area! As soon as we got there, Isabelle spotted a car outside and ended up riding it all over creation...and all over the store as I shopped! Sooo...I told her we'd get it for her birthday present (but she got it early...the pic is in our kitchen!)
I realized her "bikes" from last summer are a bit small so I'd been wanting to get something else anyway, and with this all her beloved animals can ride along...
Well, that's about all that's up here! That, and it's 6:30 and for the 2nd night in a row Isabelle is already asleep! Today I think the party wore her out and during the week I think all the outdoor play (an hour in the am and another hour in the pm at daycare) is just wearing her out! My is the birthday month, so I'm sure there will be more pics in the days/weeks to come!

No comments:
Post a Comment