Isabelle told me months ago that she wanted a "whack whack" (AKA a duck) party and she never waivered, so we went with it! The goal was just to keep things simple and let the kids come over and play in the yard and the blow up pool and then grill out hot dogs and just hang out and eat. I think it turned out great, and everyone seemed to have a really good time :)
I was thrilled to actually get a decent picture of the two of us - thanks Alecia!
Here's one view of the yard - we have an AWESOME back yard for entertaining - one of the things about this house that I really love! We had the swing set, the pool, the sprinkler, the wagon, tee-ball, bowling, bubbles, and all sorts of other stuff to do :) Granted I'm not so into the yard work that comes with it, but thanks to my dad everything looked great today for the party :)
Mason, baby Grant, and Isabelle. It was an (almost) all-Guatetot party with Mason (who Monica has affectionately nicknamed the group 'tater tot') and my nephew, Isabelle's baby Grant
For weeks, when I asked Isabelle who was coming to her party, it was BobBob and JenJen. Jennifer was her nanny in Winston and she and her husband came to celebrate with us! This was when Isabelle first saw her :)
Isabelle's foster sister Isabella...who wasn't too sure about the water but was very into her float!
My dad and brother
Sara hamming it up in the hammock
Future star?
JenJen was also Gabriella's nanny :)
Lunch under the big top. Too bad I zoomed in...you can't see that it's a DUKE tent!
Bella in a "no way I'm smiling for you" mood :)
Individually wrapped chocolate ducks!
...and some duck cookies :)
We were all smiles, we sang happy birthday (very quickly) ... and then...
...the heavens exploded and we had to finish the party inside! I was impressed that as far as I can tell we managed to get a group of toddlers to eat cake, cookies, and chocolate on my cream rug without any of it ending up on the carpet!
Isabelle wanted nothing to do with sitting on the floor to eat. She needed to sit in HER chair at HER table with HER BobBob. Never mind that all her friends were in the next room...
I think we did quite well - only 1 meltdown and that was during presents - she didn't understand why she couldn't take each present out of its package and play as she opened it...can't totally blame her for that one :)
And it wouldn't be a party without the obligatory attempt at a group photo! Here's the gang minus Grant, who was fast asleep upstairs :) Left to right: Sara, Mason, Allie-Maria, Isabelle, Bella, Gabriella, and Amelia
And, as far as I could tell, I think a good time was had by all! We ended the day by introducing Isabelle to a family favorite - moose tracks ice cream :) Happy birthday my little whack whack lover!







No comments:
Post a Comment