Sunday, August 22, 2010

Time is Slipping Away...

Man, this trip has been amazing.  It has given me an opportunity for spiritual and personal renewal that is often SOOO hard to come by.  I am so grateful to my family for helping with Isabelle and to Hickory Grove for being patient with all my travels this summer.  Big thanks to everyone who has filled in during my absence!

Today is Sunday.  The Sabbath.  But it rarely feels that way because it's a work day.  I'm not complaining - I love what I do and I know I'm doing what I'm called to be doing, but today was just really nice to enjoy in that "sabbath" kind of way.  It was beautiful, literally and figuratively!  Judy and I went walking once again through Gladstone's property and it was a PERFECT day, perfect opportunity to relax!

It also made it easier to truly relax because I finished our final paper last night.  27 pages.  The really cool part, though, is that my time here actually gave me a really neat (I hope, anyway) idea for a worship experience that I can hopefully integrate in my final project.  In essence, I hope the 27 pages I did here will translate into a chapter in the BIG project.  It's great when things come together like that and I'm thankful to a professor who was wise enough to tell us to "write a paper on whatever you want."  In that serious, use this to your own benefit and for your own personal edification.  I love what I came up with and it also made today a GREAT day for sabbath rest!

I won't be going anywhere else any time soon but this time away has reminded me how critical these away times are for my personal spiritual well-being as well as to get the creative juices flowing!  I'm hoping to carve out a bit of time to focus on Advent...but right now that seems really far off and I'm ready to just be home and at church for a while!

So...a few final pictures first of our walk today and then a couple of the library because, well, it's cool :)
Keep reading...in my sabbath time I've been catching up below :)

No comments: