Wow. What an end to an amazing day! When we first got our syllabus and schedule for this course earlier this spring, the Wednesday evening harp concert jumped out at me, and I had been looking forward to it ever since.
That said, I know that often the way that life works is those things which end up being the most wonderful, most powerful experiences are those which we never could have planned, and those which we put on the schedule and look forward to often end up being less than what we had hoped for.
Thankfully, the harp concert was way MORE than I could have anticipated! To back up just a bit, we are staying at a residential library. I came in having no real concept of what that meant, but we are literally staying IN the library. This whole place was built using the book collection of William Gladstone and constructed with the vision of being a place where people in north Wales (and beyond) could come, stay, study, and be renewed. It's great!
Sooo...the first night we had our reception in this wonderful room that just seemed like what you'd picture an old English "study" looking like. Big, bright windows, overstuffed brown leather couches, hardwood floors covered with ornated and worn rugs, and (for the evening, anyway), the inclusion of a professional harpist!
It was lovely, it was holy, it was relaxing, and it was the perfect end to a wonderful day!
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment