Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Well, we were supposed to have 4th of July plans, but truth be told, we were not at all upset when they fell through.  To say the last few weeks has been crazy would be an understatement!  The bat issue escalated and unfortunately we found out we would not be able to return home.  That was Saturday, the day of my shower at the lake.

On the drive home (or so I thought!) that Sunday, I called Steve...and found out that he had recruited his brother and nephew and moved all of the big stuff out of my house and packed/moved as much of the rest as they could!  All in one night.  All night long.  Yikes.  To say I have a lot of stuff is a REAL understatement, but by the time I talked to Steve Sunday at noon, he was lying in what will be "our" room in "my" bed!

We went by the house...and let's just say I was overwhelmed.  I had not packed (much), so it was sort of like walking into a house where all the furniture was gone but all the stuff that had been on/in/under it was still there!  I carried my pencil cup out the door...and left the rest!

It's been a long haul and spending the weeks leading up to the wedding essentially 'homeless' has been tough, but the financial bonus has turned out to be huge.  Short story is that Steve owns his home and I was stuck with a lease on a rental through October...but now I'm out!  Praise the Lord!

Anyway, that's the LONG way of sayin' we were happy to have a day to rest, relax, and have a little down time!

Here's daddy doing what daddys do best :)

And in the background, take note of Steve's beautiful fence...his spring-long project to accomodate my two furry family members!

No comments: