Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ho! Ho! Ho!

It's SANTA!!!  Today was our annual Guatetot Christmas party...with the REAL Santa!  This year since the kids are a little bit bigger (all either 4 or 5), we had them do lists/letters for Santa.  I'll do a separate blog post with Belle's list after I can figure out how to scan it - she wrote it all and its adorable!

We've had some changes to our group, but it was still a really special time together ~ this is just a group of friends that I cherish like family :)  Sure, the kids are all from Guatemala, but they have really just blended over the years and have a great time together!

As parents, we also all love having a place where we can (like today) talk about potential return trips to Guatemala, what would be the best age, how to talk about first families, and all the rest.  It's awesome!  And since Santa is VERY busy, we'd worked this one out months ago ;)

He was great, and took special time with each of the kids...

ISABELLE



 THE GANG:  Isabelle, Allie-Maria, Joseph, Gabriel, and Amelia (oh yeah, and Santa!)

Poor Santa...this was our first attempt at a group shot before moving to the (larger) above location.  I think the poor guy was getting clausterphobic!

ALLIE-MARIA

 AMELIA

 GABRIEL

 Stephanie told me she'd pay me extra if I could get JOSEPH to smile...I think this counts!

 Okay, so the cheese ball snowman doesn't quite count as a party participant, but I thought he was cool!  Way to go Paige!

But the reindeer weren't about to be outdone by Frosty...

The chaos of all the kids together used to mean I always left Guatetot events needing a nap.  Loved it, but needed a nap.  Now, they are getting big enough that the chaos has subsided some and they even did things like sit nicely and color together!  Oh yeah, there was a bit of wrestling, a whole lot of stuffed animals dressed up in jewelry and riding around in plastic cars, and general frivolity, but they've learned to tone it down in their old age!

No comments: