Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas 2011 from our home to yours!  This Christmas was different for us for a ton of reasons ~ it was a Sunday, so we opened presents for a bit and then headed to church (I swear that the sun had already come up when we started in on the gifts, but the pictures say otherwise, so I'm not sure!)

Also, for only the second time in my entire life (the other time being when I was living in England) I didn't see my brother on Christmas.  For a variety of reasons, it made more sense for his family to come for the day on the 26th, so we spread out the celebration. 

And for Steve, it was the first year he's had Christmas without seeing the girls for at least part of the day :(  We've made some changes to custody stuff so they don't feel like they are bouncing back and forth as much, and it means that next year we'll have them for all of Christmas, but I know this was a tough one for Steve.  They came home on Monday the 26th, so those pics will be coming :)

This is my favorite present I got for Isabelle ~ we were going through C*stco one day and she saw this one and said, "Look mommy, she does ballet like me and has black hair like me!"  Not to mention that the skin tone was a match, and I was sold :)
 "BobBob, make her come out of the box!"
 Belle is ready for a big girl seat :)  She's thrilled because it means she can use the regular seatbelt buckle.  I'm thrilled because it means she can do it herself :)
 In case you can't read it, her shirt says, "My mommy is fabulous!"  She has a daddy shirt she wears all the time...I was feeling a little jealous...

 For once, Mom actually managed to surprise Dad with his gift...a leather jacket!
 Faith loves Christmas.  And dressing up.  Or not ;)
 For any readers with 3-5 year olds, go spend $6 and buy your little one a hoppy.  Best investment we've made ~ she has already learned to hop around the house until she's broken a sweat, and for the kid who gave up soccer because it was "too hot" (in October), this is an accomplishment!
 I had to include this one because for once Pinky managed to sneak into it!  For the record, we have 2 cats (Steve's) and 2 dogs (mine).  Most days, that's about 4 pets too many...

 So after some of the gift opening, we headed to church and then to Hat's for lunch.  It was weird only having 7 of us, but it was a fun, relaxing lunch!  Afterwards, we headed home and opened more presents and got ready for the family influx to come tomorrow!
 Nana and Belle and a bit of F*ncy Nancy!

No comments: