Today was a great day, but it didn't go quite as planned :) Belle's vision test at her 5-year-old physical had been a bit sketchy, so this morning was our trip to the optometrist's. We were pretty sure that she needed glasses...and she did!
There were some problems that hopefully will correct with time, but the biggest problem was that I had failed to explain that she wouldn't get to bring home the glasses TODAY! Big meltdown. Ugly.
I texted Steve and told him to go ahead without us on a hike we had planned with his brother and family, but then by the time we finished Belle was telling the receptionist all about getting to go see Uncle Tony (and I hadn't told her we weren't going to go), so we were back on!
She had a BLAST! I was pretty sure she wasn't feeling too great, but she rallied for the waterfall playing, we came home, ate lunch, and then had an appointment for her at her new pediatrician's office. Found out she had bronchitis and bad wheezing and came out with three prescriptions - OOPS!
We already had friends coming for dinner, so we went ahead with that and the poor thing fell asleep on the couch during dinner!
Here are some of the pics from the Lower Cascade Falls at Hanging Rock...the first two are two of my favorite pics I've taken of Belle in a long time, even though she's in a bikini... For some reason I just feel really funny about little kids in 2-piece bathing suits, so I've always had her in one-piece suits, but we didn't take a suit at all and Tony's friend happened to have an extra that fit, so we went with it. I still don't think she needs to look like a swim suit model at the age of 5, but she's cute either way!
Here's Belle with her cousin Katie, who she had only met previously at the wedding since she lives in FL. They were so cute together!
Three generations of Andersons...scary lol! (Steve, his brother, and his nephew)
Belle and Tony's girlfriend Susan :)

No comments:
Post a Comment