Saturday, August 11, 2012

Big Day!

Jamie and Allie-Maria invited us to their pool this morning...and I realized by some of the questions Isabelle asked on the way that she'd never been to a neighborhood pool!  My aunt takes her, but hers is a small clubhouse pool for her retirement community...no diving board!

I couldn't believe it ~ Isabelle, usually Ms. Timid, climbed right up on the diving board before even watching anyone do it (okay, but we'd been watching LOTS of people do it on the Olympics!) and she jumped right in!  I was shocked!

Thankfully, it was over before I could be too scared because she jumped from probably two feet back from the end...and barely cleared the end of the board as she came down!

Here are a couple pics...but not from the very first jump - I was right over next to her for that one :)

 Belle and Amelia having a grand time...

...and then the heavens opened up.  Oh well.  We sat under our umbrellas and had our lunch anyway and then...on to the backup plan...

Airbound Trampoline Park!  I'd been wanting to take Belle anyway, so this was a great excuse to go!  I was worried about bigger kids, but it turns out that its sectioned off by ages, and thankfully there weren't nearly as many little kids when we were there as there were older kids, so the did great!  And then they crashed...

No comments: