Wednesday, August 15, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten

Big day in our house...first day of Kindergarten for Isabelle!  She went on Monday for orientation but I stayed the whole time and only about 1/3 of the class was there.  Today, she went with 1/3 of the class...1/3 will go tomorrow and the rest on Friday, so it will be next Monday before the whole class is there.  I think the transition will help (her...and me!)
 
The staggered start is a cool way to get the kids oriented, but poor kid keeps asking what day it is, when kindergarten starts, who is keeping her today, etc.  I think next week will be easier :)
 
Here she is before school in her "kindergarten rocks" shirt.  She picked the outfit :)
 I picked the backpack.  I admit.  I'm just not one for characters on backpacks.  Or on clothes for that matter.  Just couldn't send her to school toting D*ra or something like that so we went with good ol' funky polka dots.  She seemed good with it.

 ...and...here she is after school!  I waited at the end of the driveway for what seemed like forever, but she finally came out with a big grin on her face!  Success!!

No comments: