Saturday, September 8, 2012

FOUR Years Ago TODAY!

I can hardly believe that Isabelle has been with me officially and legally for FOUR years!  Wow...  Time flies!  We always do something special for her family day, but have also tried to figure out how to both honor her/our bond while also making it something that we can involve Steve/Shannon/Megan in, so this year I tried the direct approach and asked Isabelle what she wanted to do...
 
She said she wanted to go get her nails done (duh!...should have known!) and she wanted to go to "the shrimp restaurant," where we've been dining frequently but hadn't taken Shannon and Megan, so it was a perfect combo!
 
4 years ago today at Casa de Luna in Guatemala City...

and today at Bubble Me Pink (wearing her last Guatemalan dress one last time ~ looks like we are in need of a return trip!  We've outgrown all our clothes!)

Can you believe they paint Angry B*rds toenails?!
Wow.  God is good.  Five or six years ago I never could have possibly imagined what my life would look like or how incredibly blessed I'd feel...

No comments: