Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving!

This year for Thanksgiving I was particularly thankful to be at mom and dad's :)  I feel like I've been sick for so long, it was just good to be home and to relax and spend time with family!  It also meant lots of extra helpers around to entertain Isabelle, which was awesome too!
 
Mom had gotten the kids the cutest wreath crafts to do (what did we do before the days of sticky foam shapes???) and Nana and Kyle assisted with the projects.  They turned out really cute!
 
 
 Here's Hayes, just looking cute :)

Pre-Thanksgiving Table :)  Thanks to Stacey for almost all the pics...I could tell I wasn't feeling well when I got home, went to upload pictures, and all I had was two pictures of the DOGS eating turkey off a plate on the floor!

Oh wait...I get partial credit ~ here's one I took of Kyle and Stacey :)

Here's most of the crew getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner.  Well, "dinner" is relative.  We ate around noon so that it fit with naptimes, etc.  It also works out well that way ~ by "dinner time" everyone was ready for leftovers!  Hayes ended up napping early, so we started without him, but he joined in part way through (I think about the time Stacey got her food on her plate, if I remember right!)

We didn't have Shannon and Megan with us this year for Thanksgiving day, but last year at Megan's request we'd all trekked to DC after eating and discovered that it was actually an ideal time to be able to park right in the midst of stuff, walk around the monuments (and walk off all that food!), so I think we have a new tradition!
 
I didn't feel up to going, but the rest of the crew had a good time in our absence :)

The other thing we try to do on Thanksgiving is get a family picture for mom to use for her Christmas card :)  I'm not sure how many of her friends still follow my blog, but so as not to give away her card (and Stacey's camera skills), here's just a snippet from one of the outtakes.  The rest of this picture didn't make the cut because i believe the other dogs...and possibly a child or two...weren't so cooperative ;)
Happy Thanksgiving y'all!  I'm now officially on medical leave until early January, so its going to be a different kind of Advent season around our house.  I'm hoping for rest, relief from headaches, and some down time to just do and be :)  We shall see!

No comments: