I feel in some ways like this is 'the year Lauren is missing Christmas', but hopefully that will turn around soon! We had big plans today to go to the King Christmas Parade ~ doesn't sound like much, but Megan was dancing and Belle was riding on a float (Megan and Belle take dance at the same studio). Shannon, Steve, and I were planning on riding with Belle, but I didn't feel up to it, so they went without me.
It was disappointing for me because, truth be told, I've never actually been to a parade...at least that I can remember. I went on an AIDS march once in South Africa complete with dancing and singing (note: Today is World AIDS day...remembering those whose lives have been affected by HIV/AIDS and all of those who still deal with the stigmas associated with those words), but I've never been to a parade. Dumb, but I'd been looking forward to it. Ready to feel up to living again.
Sorry, didn't mean for this to turn into a pity party ~ here's what everyone really wants! Pictures :)
Shannon and Belle on the float
Megan between routines...apparently they pretty much danced the whole 2 miles or so. I won't mention that I had suggested tennis shoes rather than "cool" boots :) Okay, maybe I will...
We did at least manage to work it out for me to meet up with them after the parade to pick out a Christmas tree...without realizing that the parade ended at the tree lot! It was a little crazy but worked out okay :) Did you know that if you buy a tree in King they deliver it (for free) and set it up for you?! Yeah...Trinity UMC UMM :) Steve and I had picked out the grown up tree earlier in the week and the poor man delivering it hit a deer on his way to our house! Guess we'll always be THAT delivery!
Here's Belle at the tree lot ~ boy was she loving her new dance sweatshirt!




No comments:
Post a Comment