Well, yesterday I was flying high and THRILLED to have finished my dossier, but then right before going to bed I decided to actually look over the documents I received back from the Consulate General and they made an ERROR on one :( I am SOOOOO disappointed. It is a document Stacie signed for me, and she moved to Colorado this week, so having her redo it is impossible.
Their form is stapled to the document and has a stamp that overlaps the document I received from the Secretary of State of NC, so by screwing up they have also (I fear) invalidated my state authentication.
At best, they can attach a new form to the top and my agency will agree to send the rest of my dossier ahead while we wait. At worst, I'll have to find someone else to sign the doc, get it notarized, go back to Raleigh (pay again), and then send it all back to Atlanta (with two $14 mailers plus the fees...)
Seems like the joy never lasts long in this whole process. I just want to get Isabelle home (or at least get my paperwork far enough along that I can plan a visit!!!)
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment