Friday, July 27, 2007

Two Months Old Today!

Today Isabelle is 2 months old and I officially have COMPLETED MY DOSSIER!!! Angela, my caseworker said it usually takes people 1-2 months minimum and I did it in 2 weeks and 3 days!! I got my VA birth certificate back from the Guatemalan Embassy in DC yesterday and the rest of my stuff (all forms originating in NC) came back from the Guatemalan Consulate in Atlanta today! Everything is in order and I'm taking it on Monday to hand off to Angela who will mail it to my attorney in Guatemala so she can start the process! Hopefully the pace will stay like this and I'll have Isabelle home soon!
Curious what a "dossier" includes?
  • Certified copy of my birth certificate
  • Affidavit of Names (a list of every name I could possibly be referred to...I came up with about 15, but apparently some people come up with PAGES!)
  • Medical Certificate (thanks Stacie!)
  • Criminal Records Check (had to get fingerprinted downtown and then send it to the state)
  • Employment Verification Letter
  • Homestudy
  • Witness Statements (Jim and Stacie both promising that I am, indeed, who I say that I am and that I'm of sound mind!)
  • Male Role Model letter (saying that since I'm single I will make an effort to have Isabelle around men...also think this is to hint at the fact that I'm NOT a lesbian since they can't ask directly...)
  • 8 pictures of my house, inside and out
  • Some gov't forms I won't bore you with describing...
  • A power of attorney saying my Guatemalan attorney can act on my behalf
  • Letter telling the US Embassy how to contact me when the adoption is finalized!!

And that's not HALF of what Russia required :) Each one had to be notarized, then sent to the state, then sent to the Guatemalan Embassy...

No comments: