Thursday, August 30, 2007

Christopher and Toni are my heroes!!


I had an e-mail from Angela today that Christopher and Toni, a couple from SC, agreed to transport a package to Guatemala for me!! Of course, after working on the package for about a week, today I get word I have to send it TODAY, so I had to rush around and run to the post office.

Yesterday I had my first Spanish lesson with Monica (church member from El Salvador who lives down the street and has a 7 month old) and luckily we spent about an hour going through a letter I had (tried) to write to the foster mom in Spanish. I got that edited and then was off to mail my package!!

Here's what I included:


  • letter to foster mom (in Spanish!!!)

  • family picture from Easter at church

  • picture of me and Faith (may regret that one...they don't approve of dogs as "pets" but the picture was taken outside...)

  • a blanket I've been sleeping with for the past few nights (so that it would have my 'scent') ... unfortunately will probably have more of Faith's scent as she slept with it too...

  • pacifier (good thing I bought a 2-pack - found Faith out on the couch with the first one!)

  • little rattle

  • 3 bibs

  • 2 onesies, both from the JUMC thrift store

  • pair of socks

  • disposable camera (letter included directions for how to use it...I'm hoping for the best!!!!)

  • the cutest little pink stuffed elephant with a bell inside

  • small bottle

  • set of plastic keys

I think that's all... It feels great to be able to send stuff - I feel a lot more connected to her than I have! Now, just to get to plan a visit!

No comments: