Just as I sat down to write, I heard the distant sound of little bells...it was the brand new pink stuffed elephant I JUST bought for Isabelle...being claimed by Isabelle's big sister Faith :) I have no doubt that Faith will love Isabelle, just as I have no doubt that Faith will love Isabelle's toys! We'll see how that works out :)
I just got back from a run to buy a 2 1/2 gallon zip-loc bag's worth of baby stuff - Isabelle will be 3 months old next week and Angela is going to ask 2 families that are traveling in the next 2 weeks if either of them would be willing to take a package for me!!! Just the idea of being able to share something, even something little, with her in these early months is really exciting!
I got:
* 10-pack of bibs that all say stuff like "Diva" and "Princess" and things (won't send them all now)
* VERY soft cuddly blanket with satin edges that I'm going to sleep with so she can "smell" me (sounds sort of gross to me, but all the adoption books suggest it!...I'll try not to drool!)
* 2 pack of pacifiers (I'll send one and keep one to take when I visit)
* little bottle
* Small rattle
* Plastic keys
* and the already infamous pink elephant (I think I reclaimed it before it was too covered in dog slobber!)
I'll also include 2 outfits I already got (thanks to JUMC thrift store!) and a chewable baby photo album that holds 6 pictures. Fun stuff!!! Now I just have to hope someone agrees to take it with them!
Now...to figure out how to represent my life in 6 pictures!!!
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment