Friday, September 28, 2007

Sounding more positive??

Today the Department of State "amended" their statement made earlier in the week - I know all the congressional offices, the president, the Dept of State, and multiple other offices have been FLOODED with phone calls, e-mails, faxes, and letters, and at last check earlier today the petition already had over 8,000 signatures. I know one woman on my yahoo group even posted that she wrote to Oprah and to Hillary Clinton!

Hopefully they are realizing that adoption legislation is good, but it needs to be implemented in a way that makes sense and that ensures that we get our babies home!!! Here's what they said:

"At this time, over 3000 applications for adoption from Guatemala are in process with USCIS (our immigration office...the first step) or the Guatemala government. The U.S. government is asking the Government of Guatemala to allow such cases, now pending, to proceed to completion without additional requirements..."

NOW, all we need is for Guatemala to agree to let all 3,000 of us finish up!!! My next official part of the process should happen mid-late October, when I hope to receive approval from the US side and then my paperwork can start through the Guatemalan legal system...

On a fun note, I've decided that I'm currently going to try to forget about the uncertainty and I'm forging ahead with nursery decorating!!! I'm leaving a double bed in there for the time being, so it is still going to sort of have a guest room look, but it is starting to look like a real safari in there :) I spent the evening painting a wooden trash can...tomorrow I'm going to brave free-handing a giraffe on the side of it! I'll post pictures when I'm finished!

No comments: