Thursday, November 29, 2007

Amazing Names!


Sunrise at the Greensboro Airport...sorry no baby pics yet!
We had the most wonderful time tonight! Monica came to the hotel and got us to go to the grocery store and I LOVE her! She is great!! She leads the youth group at her church and I told her I'm a minister. It was funny because she said she has noticed that the people/families who trust in God are the people whose adoptions go much smoother. She said the people who worry and get uptight are the cases that end up having more problems.
Then she asked me what I plan to call the baby, and I told her Isabelle Grace, which she just thought was incredible. She said that the root (Hebrew?) of Isabelle is Elizabeth, which means promise of God, because Elizabeth waited so long and was patient and finally God rewarded her with a baby. Sound familiar?! Then she told me the Spanish equivalent of Grace is Ana, which is her foster mom's name :) I would have thought Grace was more like 'gracias' but she said no, it is Ana.
She was amazed at how 'peaceful' I seemed to be and said that I must pray and everything will work out just fine. I'm not sure if it was peace or pure exhaustion, but I truly feel that God has a hand in all that is happening.
She had more to say about the name stuff and kept saying 'this is a story to tell' but I've already taken my nightly muscle relaxer and am not remembering too well right now :) Mom's conked out on an ambien...
10AM (give or take an hour or two) and I'll have Isabelle in my arms!!! Oh, and I found out today that she's eating stage 2 and 3 baby food, which should be fun :) Monica said I won't have any luck giving her any jar baby food other than fruit because the foster mom makes all the food from scratch and there's no way she'll settle for the jar stuff! Monica mentioned that she's very spoiled :) I can handle that...certainly could be worse things to have happen while someone else is caring for my baby!
I may have more good news, but am not saying anything until Monica shows me something in writing...
Off to bed :)

No comments: