Well, today is the day that the new president of Guatemala was inaugurated! I'm hoping that means things will start moving and Congress will get back to work, but we'll see :)
The US Department of State and JCICS, the two key voices on the US side of things, both posted new statements on their websites today about what's happening...or should I say not happening...
My hope and understanding had been that my case entered PGN on December 18 and if I didn't have any problems it would be about 8 weeks before I'd hear I was out (and Isabelle would be MINE). NOW they are saying that the cases like mine that were entered in the system before Dec 31 are in, but they won't do anything on those cases until they have been registered with the new (not yet running) Central Authority.
Then they go on to say that having been admitted to PGN will count as having registered, so those cases in PGN (ME) will NOT have to register with the Central Authority.
Make sense? I didn't think so. Me either. They won't work on my case because it has to be registered, but it doesn't need to be registered because they already have it. That's why I'm not in politics. Or law. Or international affairs. Pretty soon you might as well send me straight to the nut house because that's all I'm going to be good for. In the mean time, I'm hoping that someone will shed light on the situation SOON! President Colom???
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment