Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Family Chats

I'll post pictures later...they are downloading while I write...but I just thought I'd take a minute and send an update while Isabelle is sleeping :) Morning nap only seems to be about 15 minutes, so I'll write fast!

I don't think Isabelle has been feeling too great, so things have been a little rough. I don't have a single complaint about what the foster mom is feeding her...I just think her little stomach is struggling with the transition to jars of baby food and all the preservatives and stuff that go with it! She has had a blast getting down on the floor (on a blanket) and CRAWLING around! The foster family said she was ready to crawl, but didn't indicate that she had ever acutally done it, but now she has! She is particularly motivated by food - if we line up little Gerber puffs on the blanket she will crawl along the trail and get them :)

I can't remember if I mentioned it, but there are 2 other families here right now who are at their embassy appointment this morning making everything official to take their babies home. It has been fun to meet some other folks and to compare babies and experiences. I'm certainly very grateful for Isabelle's foster family situation :)

Gotta run - she's up! Oh, and one other cool thing is that my mom has been down in Florida visiting my aunt and she took the webcam I gave her for Christmas, so we've been able to "chat" and they've been able to see Isabelle! Kyle and Stacey also got a webcam so we've talked with them some. The funniest part was when Stacey went running around the house trying to catch Faith, and then was trying to hold her still so I could see her. She managed to do it (barely) but then as soon as I started talking, Faith was totally still and looking at the computer screen :) I think my dog misses me! I've also been able to chat with Alecia (Isabella's mom), which has been cool. They come down on Sunday to pick up Isabella so I'll just miss them.

Hoping to get confirmation today that my case has been registered with the NEW Central Authority - today is the deadline for all cases to be registered in order to be grandfathered in...in other words, I have to get registered today for my case to continue. I'll be on edge until I'm actually physically holding the registration receipt.

Time for a bath!

No comments: