Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mommy Mistakes






Okay, this is a picture of what Isabelle looked like for much of today. I confess, I think much of it was my fault. I started out just really thinking she was having a harder time adjusting to me (totally understandable for and 8-month-old) than the last trip, but let's just say the noises (and smells) coming from the crib during the night...the smells and bubbles coming out of the bathtub...the diaharrea...and FINALLY I started to think it might have something to do with what we have been feeding her.


The foster mom had told me about what she was giving her, but most of it is not stuff I can replicate in a hotel room... We gave her some things I'm sure were new to her, and the results, were, well, not good. Oops. All we'd been thinking about was well, she seems to be chewing it all okay... Didn't stop to think about what it might do once it got INSIDE her :)


Backed off on the new foods (as much as we can, anyway), and this is what we have tonight:


Here are a couple of pics from a few lighter moments last night and today (and yes, we've gone through a lot of clothes...see explanation above and use your imagination...)


On a much cooler note, one of the other families with my agency arrived today to pick up her 11-month old, and it turns out Susan is single and lives in Clemmons (right outside Winston)! We had dinner at the hotel restaurant tonight and had a great time! I've made a new friend, and Isabelle has a play date for tomorrow with Gabriella!
Also spent a couple of hours by the pool (Isabelle slept over 1 1/2 hours in her stroller...and YES, I was smart enough to put her in the shade...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren,

She is getting SO big! And SO MUCH HAIR!! Morgan is jealous. The "CUTIE" sleeper is one that Morgan has. We will have to get some matching shots of them when they meet so we can put them next to pics of us like that in albums. :) I love reading your blog and seeing Isabelle grow. I can't wait to meet her and swap mommy stories. It's an adventure!!

Love to both of you,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having some normal parenting experiences, Lauren. And, sound like you are learning what to do in such situations! Congratulations....Hope all continues to go well and we can see Isabelle in the flesh before long....love, David & Joyce